Saturday, January 06, 2007

Halfway through Week 1

Well, I'm only 11k words behind now.

That sounds so awful, I just want to curl up in a ball.

But I wrote 7k words today. That's good.

In order to get back on track, I skipped the part of the story that was giving me absolute hell and moved on to a bit that I thought would be easier to write. And it was. With me being so far behind, I really need easy writing right now.

I'm really hoping to catch up this weekend. Classes start on Monday, and I'd like to be caught up so that I'm not stressing myself about writing as well as new classes. Of course, if I do a NaNoWriDay next weekend, that could solve the problem once and for all.

I'm become a more regular reader of Miss Snark's blog (see link at side) and it just keeps planting this nagging little thought in my head that I should try to get published. And yes, I need a written, edited, GOOD story before I can do that. But fuck, I've been working on this stupid fucking story for six years.

I get this feeling every once in a while, usually accompanied by the feeling that I'm just not good enough and that I'll never get published, ever.

Then I tell myself that I'm not yet twenty. And I tell myself that I've submitted to about ten agents, total. And so I tell myself I'm being an idiot.

The thing is, though, that I can't not write. So even if I never, ever get published, I don't really think I'll ever stop writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All you need to do to be a writer is to write...and if you persevere with that then one day you'll be published. I keep telling myself that too, especially after reading Miss Snark!

Good luck, Kate, and keep writing!

Kirsty