Monday, February 19, 2007

Content

I'm feeling strangely content today, the fact that I skipped both my classes today notwithstanding.

Over the weekend, I've got myself caught up in my International Security class, Comparative Politics, and spent all of last night catching up on a week and a half of Russian homework. Yeah, I'm ignoring my Russian Lit midterm this Thursday, but I want to just bask in my content-ness right now.

I get this feeling when I'm on top of everything (or at least just about so). It's not quite happiness, but it's more than just a good feeling. It feels like I know what I'm doing, that I've got control of my life, and that I'm not going hellbent towards self-destruction. It's like I'm super-calm and content, and it's a wonderful feeling. It's a shame I don't feel it as often as I should, because I'm lazy and I procrastinate far more than is good for me.

But for now, I'm just going to sit in this warm glow, do my Russian homework and read the chapter for Cognitive Neuroscience. Yeah, that sounds really good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being content is good.

I can be content because - apparently - I'm responsible for the implosion of Old MWG.

Hooray!