Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Hooks

Blech.

I'm exhausted, should be studying and/or writing one of my gazillion papers due (okay, okay, there are only 2 of them, and only one of those is due this week). What am I doing instead? I'm busy trying to come up with a decent hook for my novel.

Why now?

Well, because of Miss Snark's Crapometer contest (see link at the side for her blog). Basically, by December 15, at 8pm EST, anyone can send a 250 word or less "hook", and she will give her snarky opinion on it. Now, my skin's not the toughest in the world, but I'm pretty convinced I have a good novel. So I'm trying to come up with something half-decent...which probably is not the most feasible thing when my head is pounding and my eyes are sore and keep closing every fifteen seconds.

Regardless, I'm working on it now because I know that if I work on something practical and sensible now, I'll just have to redo it. Redoing, though, is part of the editing process, and so there's no harm writing while in this state!

And that's if I don't chicken out and not send it in. But probably, I will.

No comments: