Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 10...Finallly...

Well, today I finally hit the 100k mark, so that's always a good thing. I didn't get quite as far as I would have liked (105k as opposed to 110k), but I think that I'm still on track for finishing up Wednesday/Thursday/Friday of next week, and I'm really looking forward to that.

The thing is, I've got two books to read for class, a paper to start seriously considering, several bits of homework that I've been putting off, etc. Sadly, those are going to have to start to take priority, and that makes me sad. I would much rather be writing than doing schoolwork. But at least the books are mildly interesting (Crime and Punishment and Что Делает), and the paper shouldn't mean too much work this weekend. It's just a case of taking time out of my writing life to make time for the less enjoyable parts of my life.

I hope that one day I can afford to live off of what I write, but I know that if that day ever comes, it is in the quite distant future; I know how difficult it is for a writer to live off of their writing, and so I will not plan my future around being able to do so. I will just look forward to the day that I can, and hope that it comes at all. What I do know for certain is that if I do not write at all, and if I do not try to get published, then it will never happen. And that means that everyday, I will write, or edit, or take some step towards that ultimate goal.

No comments: