Monday, November 13, 2006

Day 13...Slow Day

Well, today I only wrote 6.5k words, but fortunately, I had given myself one more slow day and today just happened to be it. I've had very little sleep, but am strangely not very tired. I intend to, after posting this, go and lie down for a bit, and hopefully sleep with follow shortly, but I have learned that my body can do whatever it damn well pleases, with little thought as to how that might fuck up the rest of my schedule, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I think I'm starting to lose interest in my fantasy novel. Not because I think it's a boring plot, because I'm just coming up to the assassination attempt, but because I have such an awful tendency to ramble and monologize (is that a word?) that it seems that none of the action actually gets to take place. It's not that my characters are angsting, they're just doing a lot of thinking. Something else I've noticed, is that I have a woeful lack of dialogue. Which is funny, because I've been told by friends that dialogue is the strongest part of my writing. Yet it seems to all but disappear in my fantasy novel, because my characters are so busy living inside their own minds to talk to anyone else. Hey...that sounds like me ! (heh)

Still on track to finish it by Thursday, so looking forward to that nice weekend break. Only it's not a proper break, because I get to do my papers then, but it'll give my creative mind some time to refresh so that I can start on a fresh note next Monday with a completely different type of novel in Last Night.

I'm still enjoying this, very much. I'm used to having a fairly high output when I do actually get my mind set on it and sit down to write, but if I get everything done, and hit that magical number of 250k, I think that will be the most that I have ever written in a single month.

Awesome.

No comments: