Sunday, November 12, 2006

Day 12....The Insanity Continues

Well, I got to 130k today, and that's great! The not-so-great news? On my whiteboard, on Friday, I made a list of 6 things that I needed to do this weekend, that I really, really needed to get done. Do you know how many of them I got done? One, and that was to get to 130k by the end of the weekend. I have not finished either of the two books that I was supposed to read, I have not studied for Russian and am woefully behind, have not done my statistics homework, have not started a paper. So do you know what I will be doing tonight? That's right, as many of the things on that list as I can possibly manage, starting with Russian and ending with the paper. But I feel strangely not guilty about not doing any of them...at least I reached my writing goal. Gah.

And I have also managed to reason myself into trying to write a FOURTH nano novel. I think that I have gone insane. But it's justified...I should be able to do it, if I really want to. Here's why:

So far this month, I've only written less than 10k words twice, and right now, I'm averaging 10k words a day (day 12, just over 120k words).

For my third nano, I'm scheduled to write 5k a day for 10 days, which, as stated above, is about half of what I'm writing per day so far.

So it COULD be done.

It's just, do I want to do it?

We'll see.

No comments: