Saturday, November 11, 2006

Day 11...Struggling to stay on schedule

Alright, alright, yes I have nearly 120k words all said and done. That doesn't mean that I can't be behind schedule, though. I had a lazy day on Wednesday that really threw me for the weekend, and now I am trying to get back onto that schedule. I am finishing tonight with 118k words rather than 120k, with tomorrow's goal being to hit 130k. Completely do-able, just stressful and tiring.

Don't get me wrong, I love writing, and I am always a schedule-oriented person when it comes to writing. So this isn't tiring on me because of either of those things. No, this is tiring on me because I just feel as though I am spending too much time writing - which I am - and not spending nearly enough time on school and things like that. I know I should be, but I'm not. And so when I tell myself that tomorrow I have to write 12k words - which means about 6 hours worth of writing - I silently groan to myself that that's a huge chunk out of my day, and how am I supposed to get all of that done?

I probably will, of course, but at the expense of what else? I really want to finish it by Thursday so that I have the weekend free next weekend to do all the things that I really, well and truly, need to get done.

One day, I hope that I am free of all constraints on my time other than writing. Maybe then I will look at a 12k goal and think 'oh, that's fine, I can have that done by mid-afternoon'.

Until then, I reserve the right to grumble.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writing 12 thousand words is pretty damned good you know.

When I concentrate on my writing I can only manage two thousand words a day tops!

Anonymous said...

You, m'dear, are absolutely crazy. But you know that, considering the name of your blog.

I think it's incredible that you've written so much. Good luck with your writing!

-A fellow NaNoer who followed the link in your signature

Anonymous said...

Another NaNoer who clicked on the sig. (WigWamWendy)

Hooley Dooley is all I can say I am so impressed. Reading your blog has definitely inspired me to write more. Which, shockingly at this point in time is a bad thing because I have a big exam tomorrow.

Lalala, writing is way more fun.