Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Day 7...milestone reached

Well, I'm actually awake as I'm typing this, so that's definitely an improvement over the last few days, when I've been a zombie for most of the day. I only woke up about half an hour ago from my little nap after taking my psych midterm. Fortunately, I've been able to write plenty in the last couple of days so that I'm actually 3,000 words ahead right now, at 30,000 words (YAY!). I'll probably do some more writing this evening, just because I like to be prepared for if there is a day when something comes up and I can't write that day.

When it comes to writing, I'm very schedule-oriented. I'm also very competetive, so I'm forever cutting my schedules down and telling myself, 'of course you can write 10,000 words day', even with classes and everything. (Speaking of classes, I'm a bit regretful that my nap took me through Lit class...we were discussing Notes from the Underground today and I must confess that I could use all the help I can get on that particular book.)

There's a more practical reason that I want to finish my nano early. It's not midterms - I'm done with those now, but I have three papers that I have to write, and a proposal for one of them. The proposal is due on the 20th of November, one of the papers is due on the 27th, and another of the papers is due on Dec 7. And unlike my papers from last year, where the professor told us that we should only use the course materials so that he did not have to go and check our sources (for fear of plagiarism), I actually have to do some research for these suckers, and I'm really too much of a procrastinator to be very good at that. But if I have nano as well as papers to write in conjunction with each other, then things are just going to get messy and I'll end up a zombie again.

But, fingers crossed, I'll finish my nano sometime next Friday or Saturday, and then I can focus on trying to cram a little bit of research into the weekend so that I can write my proposal and then get to work on the writing that is far less fun than nano.

No comments: