Monday, November 20, 2006

Day 20....Catching up....

well, I'm theoretically aiming for 20k words today, and I'm at 10k. This fantasy that I'm writing, Shadow of the Ashes is certainly a lot more fun than the stupid lit-fic piece that I tried to convince myself that I would enjoy writing. Anyway, so I'll probably update on that by the end of the day, just because I'm so excited about catching up. Heh.

In other news, though, I think my laptop is dying. Quite a long time ago, the 'b' key fell off my laptop; the plastic piece just popped off; and so I can still use the b key, I just have a piece of tape over it now. But as of two days ago, the spacebar became really sticky, as in it takes a long time to come up after I've pushed it down, and I haven't spilled anything on it at all. And then when I went to close my laptop down last night, and closed the top bit, the hinge went kinda wonky. This laptop is getting a little on the old side, but short of a harddrive crash, I don't think I'll be getting a new one until, at the very earliest, next summer.

And in other good news, I got the proposal done for the paper, and it's not even due for another 7 hours! Stunning! Of course, I've done nothing else - I've been too focused on catching up - but hey, I'm getting there. I'm just counting on Thanksgiving to save me.

No comments: