Friday, November 03, 2006

Day 3

Well, I hit 40,000 words a little while ago.

It feels comfortably good to be writing at this pace. It is more than I usually write, but there is something about the competetive nature of Nano that makes me write more. I look at the list of authors and their wordcounts, and judge where I am on them, and it always make me want to push to reach the next person.

The funny thing is, that I'm not even skipping classes, like I typically do during the rest of the semester (I'm sooo bad at going to classes, especially when all of the material is straight out of the textbook). But since nano started, I have gone to every single one of my classes, which is ridiculously rare. And yet I'm still doing well wordcount-wise.

My lovely little pointless story (the 50k one) is going well, and because I already know the characters in it fairly well, it flows out of me without any problem. I do intend to finish that one at some point tomorrow, and then start thinking about how best to attack the more difficult one.

It's not that I don't think I can write it; there's no reason for me not to be able to. But it's just harder to write, because I don't know the story or the characters as well. It means that the writing will come out of me a lot slower.

Nevertheless, I have already figured out a decent schedule that will have me finished the second one by the 16th of November, and that is more than satisfactory! (Especially as that then gives me a glorious 4 days to figure out what I'm writing a paper on for one of my classes and submit a proposal for it!)

No comments: