Friday, November 17, 2006

Day 17....keyword of the day:procrastination

No, not procrastination in writing (though there was a fair bit of that, as well). No, just general lethargic procrastination. So much stuff to do, and I cannot quite convince myself to do any of it. I know that I work best under pressure, but I'd still like to get SOME things done in advance.

In other news, I'm likely to hit 10k on Final Night before I go to bed tonight/this morning. It's actually turning out to be just as pretentiously crappy as I imagined it would be, but I think I'm managing to put a bit of life into some of the characters. Or at least I'd like to think that I am.

Ah well. I'll get all my work done. I've been good at that so far. Been a year and a half (nearly) at an Ivy League school, and I've still got a B+ average, and I'm perfectly happy with that. So far, I have A's in nearly all of my classes, excluding psychology and probably Russian. That doesn't meant that I'll blow stuff off, but for everything that's not due next week, I tell myself that I have Thanksgiving break to work on it.

At least when I'm home for Thanksgiving, I won't have unlimited internet access, and I've been making myself a kind of promise that I'll not spend more time than I need to when I am home. Not that I'm tpyically a very social person, but we have dial-up at home, and there's no connection from my room, which means that I have to go and kick someone off the downstairs computer, and so I'll just stay in my room and read and write.

It actually sounds like the perfect holiday to me. :)

No comments: